Web clips resemble app icons on the home screen of your iPad, but instead of launching an application, a web clip takes you directly to a website.
- Web Clip – A Web Clip resembles an app icon on iPad home screens, but instead of launching an application, a web clip takes the user directly to a website. They are most often used to make it easy for students to access complicated testing login pages.
Create Configuration Profile
- From a web browser, navigate to https://polkfl.jamfcloud.com.
- Log in with your netadmin account’s credentials (usually net admin-LocationNumber). Do not use the full email address.
- Click Devices.
- Click Configuration Profiles.
- At the top-right, click +New.
- In the Name field, input a name for the profile. A good example would be LocationName – Web Clip – Website Name.
- In the Category drop-down box, select Web Clips.
Web Clips Payload
- In the payloads column to the left, click Web Clips.
- To the right, click Configure.
- In the Label text field, input what you want to appear to users as the name of the Web Clip.
- In the URL text field, input the full website address.
Note: In the Icon section, you can upload your own image for the Web Clip. If you do not upload your own, Jamf will use a standard globe icon. Once the iPad user taps the Web Clip once, it will replace the globe icon and use the website’s icon.
- Click Scope tab.
- To the right, click +Add.
- Click the Mobile Device Groups tab.
- To the right, click the Add button next to each group that you want to have the Web Clip deployed to.
- When finished adding groups, click the grey Done button towards the top-right.
- At the bottom-right, click Save.