March 4, 2019
Network Managers can deploy a wallpaper to either the Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both. Unfortunately, only one wallpaper can be deployed to the screens at a time. A common use case would be to deploy the school’s logo or mascot to all of their devices.
- Lock Screen – The initial screen after an iPad boots that displays the time, date, Wi-Fi connection, and battery life.
- Home Screen – Displays the iPad’s installed apps, Web Clips, and Dock.
- iPads (Staff/Student 1:1)
- iPads (Shared)
- iPads (Standard)
Log into Jamf console
- From a web browser, navigate to https://polkfl.jamfcloud.com.
- Log in with your netadmin account’s credentials (usually net admin-LocationNumber). Do not use the full email address.
Select Smart Group
- Click Devices > Smart Device Groups.
- Click on the group that you wish to apply the Wallpaper to.
Configure Automated Management tab
- Click Automated Management tab.
- At the bottom-right, click blue Edit button.
- Check Set Wallpaper (supervised only).
- Select whether to apply the wallpaper to the Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both.
- Click Upload Wallpaper Image.
- Click Choose File.
- Select your wallpaper image and click Choose.
- Click Upload.
- Check Schedule Ongoing Commands.
- In the Select drop-down box, select Once per day.
- Specify a time that Jamf will automatically ensure that the wallpaper on these devices is correct.
- At the bottom-right, click the blue Save button.