October 2, 2019
Restoring devices within iTunes can resolve issues when receiving errors while trying to restore devices from within Configurator.
- iPads (Staff/Student 1:1)
- iPads (Shared)
- iPads (Standard)
Access iPad within iTunes
If Configurator is running, make sure to quit it by going to Apple Configurator 2 menu > Quit Apple Configurator 2.
- Connect one iPad to the Mac. Restoring devices with iTunes can only be done one-at-a-time.
- Launch iTunes from either the Dock or Macintosh HD > Applications > iTunes.
- Near the top-left of iTunes, click on the iPad device icon.
- To the right, click Restore iPad…
- Click Don’t Back Up.
- Click Restore.
iTunes will download the Operating System in the background so a progress bar may not appear for around 10-minutes.