February 18, 2019
Network Managers can wipe an iPad remotely through a device’s management commands. Once the remote command has been sent, the process cannot be undone.
This document outlines how to wipe multiple iPads at once. To wipe a single iPad,see the Wipe a Device document.
- Wipe – To erase all content and settings from an iPad. Wiping an iPad does not automatically re-setup the iPad or re-enroll into Jamf.
- Apple TVs
- iPads (Staff/Student 1:1)
- iPads (Shared)
- iPads (Standard)
Log into Jamf console
- From a web browser, navigate to https://polkfl.jamfcloud.com.
- Log in with your netadmin account’s credentials (usually net admin-LocationNumber). Do not use the full email address.
Select Smart Group
- Click Devices > Smart Device Groups.
- Click on the group that you wish to wipe.
- At the bottom-right, click View.
- At the bottom-right, click Action.
- Select Send Remote Commands.
- Click Next.
Configure Remote Command
- Select Wipe Device (for tvOS, requires 10.2 or later).
- Scroll down to see the newly appeared options.
- In the Confirmation text field, input the number of devices that are in the Smart Group. This number can be seen in the yellow warning box above.
- Check Clear Activation Lock (supervised iOS devices only).
- Check Retain Cellular Data Plan.
- Check Suppress Proximity Setup.
- Click Next. The Wipe command will be sent to all devices within the Smart Group.