This article discusses how to check what the currently running version of macOS is and how to upgrade to the latest version that is being deployed to the county.
Check for Software Updates
- Go to Apple > System Preferences.
- Click Software Updates.
The Mac will check for any available updates. If any are found, it is suggested to perform them.
Note: Operating System upgrades can take about one-hour to complete. It is also highly recommended to back up any important files before upgrading.
Check Lightspeed Certificate
- Launch Safari and try to go to a website.
- If you see a warning that the website is not secure, view our Fix Browser Security Warning After Big Sur Upgrade article
Run Mac Registration
To make sure everything is running smoothly, we suggest you run the Mac Registration policy from Self Service.
- Launch Self Service from either the Dock or Mac HD > Applications > Self Service.
- Locate the Re-register This Mac policy.
- Click Re-register.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Once the computer reboots, the Mac has been successfully upgraded to the latest Operating System.