July 25, 2019
In the event of a staff member or a student with a standard iPad forgets the passcode, Jamf Pro makes it easy to clear that passcode. This does not affect Shared iPads. The passcodes for student logins are controlled by the teacher or in Apple School Manager.
- Term 1 – Definition.
- iPads (Shared)
Before you begin
- Depending on the amount of data in the user space, it may take a couple of minutes to delete.
- You can only remove one user at a time. You will need to refresh your browser on the current page until you see the user has disappeared. Once the user is no longer listed, you may delete another user.
- A user cannot be removed if any user is currently logged in. Users can only be deleted while the iPad is on the Class List screen.
- Removing a user only deletes the user’s data that is physically stored on the iPad. The user’s data is not deleted from iCloud, meaning the next time the user logs into a Shared iPad, their data will be redownloaded.
Log into Jamf console
- From a web browser, navigate to https://polkfl.jamfcloud.com.
- Log in with your netadmin account’s credentials (usually net admin-LocationNumber). Do not use the full email address.
Search for device
- Click Devices > Search Inventory.
- In the search field at the top, you can search by any of these criteria:
- Serial number
- SAP number (if provided)
- Make sure Mobile Devices is selected in the drop-down box.
- To the right, click Search.
- On the left, click Shared iPad Users tab.
- Note 1: If you do not see this section, the device is not set up as a Shared iPad.
- Note 2: Only users who have successfully logged in and have some sort of saved data (ie. taken a picture, video, etc) will be listed.
- To the right, click Remove User.
There is no feedback that the user is being removed. You must keep refreshing the page until the user disappears from the list to know that the user has been successfully removed.