Network Managers may find it easier to physically locate devices within carts if they assign the cart’s slot number to each device within Jamf. Unfortunately, this must be done per device within Jamf, but will save a lot of headaches when you have to find a specific device within a cart.
Note: If you use Atlas’ option to delete Jamf record when re-enrolling devices, the assigned Cart Slot Number will be removed and the process will need to be completed again.
Add Cart Slot Number to Inventory Display
- From a web browser, navigate to https://polkfl.jamfcloud.com.
- Log in with your netadmin account’s credentials (usually net admin-LocationNumber). Do not use the full email address.
- At the top-right, click the gear Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the Device Management section.
- Click Inventory Display.
- At the bottom-right, click Edit.
- Click the Extension Attributes tab.
- Place a check next to Cart Slot Number.
- At the bottom-right, click Save.
View Smart Group's Membership
- At the top-left, click the Jamf Pro logo to go back to your Dashboard.
- Click Devices section.
- Click Smart Device Groups.
- Click the name of the cart that you wish to assign a cart’s slot numbers to.
- At the bottom-right, click View.
Assign Cart Slot Number to Devices
- Click on the name of one of the devices. The General section will automatically appear.
- At the top-right, click the small Edit button.
- In the Cart Slot Number drop-down box, select the device’s corresponding slot number.
- (Optional) Input the device’s eight-digit SAP number from the sticker in the Asset Tag field. This will allow you to search for the much shorter SAP number instead of long, complicated serial numbers when trying to locate devices within Jamf.
- At the top-right, click Save.
- In the General section, scroll down to the bottom. The Cart’s Slot Number will be listed.
This process will need to be manually completed for each device.